DISCOUNT LINK www.amazon.com Customer Reviews: "I was piecing together an affordable 1st fly outfit from sale items, when I got tired of waiting to practice (I had the bug to get started), so I bought this starter outfit. This unit is good to go. All you need is a leader, tippet, and fly, and you're ready to fish. Not bad. Fly logic seemed to have a good reputation, and it seemed like a good deal. In the mean-time some deals other opened up, and I pieced together a much less expensive rod from other components, of solid respectable brand names, but by no means top of the line, for a little over half the price. I thought I would primarily use the Fly Logic, with the other as a back-up. The other rod, though technically not as nice, has now become my go-to outfit. It just has a better feel to me. Maybe I just lucked out with my picks. I suppose it depends on your preference, and that has to be learned. I must prefer a faster action 8'6" 5wt rod and double-tapered line. I had no idea that this would be such a detectable part of fly-fishing. The differences in tackle that everyone points out in non-fly fishing have never seemed quite as distinct as in this form of fishing. Everyone was right when they tell you the rod and line (end tackle) are more important than the reel for fly fishing, though a nice reel is, well, nice. I'm sure it can save you some nice catches, but I haven't been that lucky or unlucky yet. I thought the fly-fishers were just being pretentious, but they <b>…</b>
- Antique Fly Fishing Tackle on the Antiques Road Show (2012) Antique Fly Fishing Tackle on the Antiques Road Show...
- casting bamboo rod – wet fly action casting bamboo rod - wet fly action Modified Leonard...
- The Echo and Red’s Wrecking Crew – Fly Rod Massacre! The Echo and Red's Wrecking Crew - Fly Rod...
- Selecting a Fly Fishing Rod by Action Part I Selecting a Fly Fishing Rod by Action Part I...
- Fishing with Rod: Drifting & fly fishing on the Elk Fishing with Rod: Drifting & fly fishing on the...
[ebay_show_items keywords="fly fishing rods"]